At 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 11, Bangor will join the rest of Maine in springing into Daylight Savings Time. But once upon a time — way back in the 1880s — Bangor stubbornly kept itself 25 minutes ahead of the rest of the state all year ‘round.
- What it Takes to Get Maine Lobster On Tables Around the World
- Low Numbers of Endangered Whales Spark Debate About Whether Lobster Industry Threatens Species
- Dental Board Sends Lewiston Dentist Case to District Court
- Sen. King Says North Korean Negotiations Could be a Positive Development
- Oversight Committee Authorizes Investigation into Handling of Child Abuse Cases
This Day in Maine gathers together the news that matters to Mainers. The nightly show features stories from the award-winning Maine Public Radio News team.