The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Maine has filed suit against the Long Creek Youth Development Center, the Department of Corrections, and medical and dental providers on behalf of an 11-year-old boy who was allegedly beaten by corrections officers. The ACLU’s complaint also says the boy was denied adequate medical treatment. The case is prompting a call for possible legislative or judicial oversight of Long Creek.
- Joel Clement, Whistleblower and Activist, Talks About His Time in the Trump Administration and More
- Court Rules in Favor of Clary Lake Association
- AG Mills Faces Backlash From Maine Tribes and Progressive Groups Over Lawsuit
- Snowstorms Taking Toll on State Legislation
- ACLU Sues Juvenile Jail For Alleged Use of Excessive Force on 11-Year-Old