The Maine Department of Health and Human Services last year reversed course and spent millions of dollars in federal welfare funds on a legally acceptable program — foster care — after the Bangor Daily News revealed in a Maine Focus article that it was spending the money in ways that violated federal law.
- Wild Blueberry Growers in Maine Struggle with a Smaller Crop This year
- University of Maine at Presque Isle to Offer 'Competency-Based' Degree For Some
- Maine’s Premier Road Race Becomes Nation's First to Earn Top Sustainability Status
- Portland Rent Control Advocates Deliver Petitions to City Hall
- Should Northern New England Host Massachusetts' Renewable Energy Extension Cord?