Around the country and the world there’s a growing movement calling for the end to solitary confinement, also known as administrative segregation, restrictive housing or lockdown. Here in Maine, the Department of Corrections is leading the effort to curtail its use.
- Rallies Calling for Tax Equality Planned for April 15
- Frontline Documentary ‘Last Days of Solitary’ Looks Inside Maine State Prison
- State Treasurer Becomes Maine’s First Declared Candidate for Governor
- Lawmakers Consider Expanding Obesity Coverage Under MaineCare
- Bowdoin Wins Court Fight Over House Where Owner Says 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' Was Written