When Chandra Oppenheim’s debut album, “Transportation,” came out in 1980, it was quickly embraced by the tastemakers of the day. She played gigs at CBGB in New York and sold out shows in Berkeley, California, and she was only 12 years old.
- Falmouth Woman Who Released Album As 12-Year-Old Helps Kids Find Their Voice
- Maine’s Senators Vote Against Proceeding With Health Care Debate
- Advocates Decry Proposal to Reduce Coverage in Benchmark Health Plans
- LePage Vetoes Bills To Ban Cellphones For Drivers, Raise Age To Buy Tobacco
- ACLU Calls On LePage To Stop Scrubbing Comments From Facebook Page
This Day in Maine gathers together the news that matters to Mainers. The nightly show features stories from the award-winning Maine Public Radio News team.