The assistant majority leader of the Maine Senate faces a fine of $16,500 for not immediately disclosing using $105,000 in campaign funds, in some instances to provide short-term loans to a business he owns. The fine against Sen. Andre Cushing is recommended by staff of the Maine Ethics Commission, which began investigating the Newport Republican last fall.
- Maine Border Patrol Ranks Expected to Grow As Federal Gov't Goes on Hiring Spree
- Maine Loggers Say Biomass Energy Company Fails To Pay For Wood
- Powerball Lottery At All Time High, Officials Encourage 'Responsible' Play
- Republican Lawmakers Question Wording of Medicaid Ballot Question
- Maine Ethics Staff Recommend Fine Against Senate Leader