In the wake of the Parkland, Fla. school shootings last week, Democrats in the Maine Legislature are hoping to introduce a number of last-minute gun control bills next week, including a ban on “bump stocks,” devices that are used to boost the performance of semiautomatic rifles. However, one Republican leader says it’s too late in the session to take up such major legislation.
- Department of Education May Change Proficiency-Based Diploma Standards
- Committee Continues Work on Recreational Marijuana Legislation
- Leaders to Decide if Gun Control Bills Will Be Considered This Session
- Ambulance, Hospital to Pay $1.4M in Unneeded Transport Case
- Democrats, Republicans Split On Hybrid, Electric Fee