Gov. Paul LePage says he expects that state government will shut down come midnight on Friday. On Bangor radio station WVOM, the governor said he is already making decisions on what services are essential and who must work during the anticipated shutdown.
- Maine Senate Endorses Repeal of Voter-Approved Election Overhaul Measure
- Maine Lawmakers Still Deadlocked on Budget as Shutdown Deadline Nears
- As Government Shutdown Looms, Maine's Elderly, Poor Prepare for the Worst
- Susan Collins Says She’ll Oppose the Senate Health Bill
- 3 Boys Charged in Sanford Fire