The Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry is moving to acquire a $1.2 million conservation easement to protect a remote plantation of sugar maples — meaning it could soon become a stakeholder in Maine’s maple syrup industry.
- Across the Aisle: North Korea’s ‘Rocket Man’
- Legislature Trying To Figure Out Who’s Responsible For Abandoned Roads
- 10 Years Later, Maine Schools Still Wrestle With District Consolidation
- Maine Ag Department Moves To Acquire Conservation Easement for State's Largest Sugarbush
- Collins Says She'll Wait for CBO Analysis Before Making Decision On Cassidy-Graham Bill
This Day in Maine gathers together the news that matters to Mainers. The nightly show features stories from the award-winning Maine Public Radio News team.