Welcome to Maine Public's inaugural CREATE IT Maine Recipe Contest inspired by all the wonderful cooking shows found on Maine Public's CREATE CHANNEL!
We — and our two SUPER partners in this contest, Barber Foods and Southern Maine Community College — have been looking for amateur chefs and cooks to put together a fabulous side dish that is made from their own creative, original recipe where Maine grown ingredients are the hero.
WE ARE DOWN TO OUR FIVE FINALISTS!
- Tara Schlehuber-Johnson — Brussels Sprout Hash
- Andrea Drennan — Tuscan Potato Salad
- William Doukes — Pan-Grilled Maine Potato and Garlic Patties
- Joseph Sipe-Edelman — Butternut Squash quinoa dish
- Robert Bernheim — Wild Rice and Sausage Stuffing
Their recipes and dishes will be judged using these criteria:
- Taste (25 points)
- Use of Maine Grown Ingredients (10 points)
- Originality/Creativity (10 points)
- Visual Appeal (5 points)
Our Maine Public judging panel includes Jill Hannaford, Executive Chef and Manager/ Food & Beverage at the Peter A. McKernan Hospitality Center at Southern Maine Community College, and Jennifer Rooks, Maine Public journalist and host of Maine Public’s Maine Calling.
The LIVE bake off and tasting will take place on Saturday, April 29th at Southern Maine Community College (SMCC) in South Portland at 2:00. Email us at RSVP@mainepublic.org if you'd like to attend.