The search is on!
We are looking for two individuals planning to hike the Appalachian Trail together from Georgia to Maine in 2017.
Along your journey you would remain connected and engaged with all that is Maine using our crazy-good Maine Public App. This is not a test of the App itself, but rather an opportunity to integrate this amazing outdoor experience with our newest digital offering.
While officially on your own, you would be provided with gear and resources from partners like Garmin to help defray the costs of your experience. You would report on your experiences and, in small part, how the Maine Public App has helped you remain connected to Maine.
So how does a team get chosen?
Selection criteria will be based largely on how you can leverage your hiking experience to improve or contribute in some way to the greater Maine community. It’s a big journey that requires an equally large purpose. The sponsor of "Here to There and Back," Goodwin Motor Group and their Land Rover lineup, will help in the selection of the winning team.
Interested? Here are the next steps:
In a short essay, please address the following questions and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The due date for your submission is Tuesday, January 17, 2017.
- What are your backgrounds?
- How long have you been planning your AT hike?
- What is your anticipated schedule in terms of starting and ending?
- What about the two of you bodes well for a successful hike?
- How might being connected to civilization through the Maine Public App and the hike itself be integrated?
- Who and how might this experience make an impact in Maine?
- Through what strategies and mediums might you communicate with Mainers?
- What else might you want us to know?
After careful review of all the submissions, we will hold a series of face-to-face meetings and make a final decision after the interviews have concluded. Feel free to shoot us any questions that you might have to email@example.com.